Thursday, September 17, 2009

TOTALLY PALMED: Mission Statement



 There's plenty of fantastic Palm-centric websites and blogs out there... I don't plan to be a me-too site, nor do I wish to step on anyone's toes. 




After the break, you can read what I plan to accomplish with this blog...










- My Palm Soapbox!  Editorial commentary and opinions...  
One of the main reasons why I chose to start this blog was because I feel that Palm is often misrepresented in the media... sometimes stories come out that are taken way out of context or are just plain inaccurate.  I won't pull any punches for anyone here, folks.  Sometimes things will have to be said, whether it's directed at Palm, Sprint, the general public, or Apple fanboys posing as journalists......... you've all been warned.



- Spread the news about the awesomeness that is the Palm Pre. 
Anyone who knows me from Twitter knows I'm passionate about trying to get the Palm Pre into the collective consciousness of the public. Thanks to Palm's lousy advertising at the hands of Modernista!'s intoxicated yahoos (I'm just gettin warmed up!), that's not happened yet.







- Resource for beginners and intermediate users. 
One of the surprising things I discovered was that I loved helping out new Palm owners love their phones.  I've been asked multiple times if I work for Palm as a result... I don't.  I do it because I friggin love this phone. I believe in it. The more happy customers there are spreading the word about it, the more people will buy it.  The more people buy it, that means more apps, and more R&D dollars for Palm. ... That's my way of thinking, anyway.  So... walk-throughs, fixes, tips, tricks... you'll see 'em all.  I'll post videos and pictures as needed.



Provide the "little things" that bigger, professional blog sites don't cover.
Everyday stories, app/accessory reviews, praises, complaints... I've been tweeting about them for a while, but since tweets disappear after seven days what good are they? This is a better staging area for that.

- Make a nickel or two...
I won't sugarcoat it...  yeah, this is an ad-supported blog.  So sue me.  A little extra coin on the side ain't never hurt nobody!  I won't get much, and I'll never allow ads to interfere with your browsing experience.  If you find that they slow things down too much or are annoying, let me know.  Fortunately, they're usually pertinent ones (like for Invisible Shield screen protectors... which I currently use). So, if you find one that interests you, give it a click.


Okay enough jibber-jabber! Let's get this ball rolling! Enjoy...



Disclaimers:
1) No, I don't work for Palm. I don't work for Sprint. I don't own stock in either company, nor do I have a financial interest of any sort that's even remotely connected.
2) In case it's not entirely clear, I'm a Palm fanboy. You should know that up front.
3) I welcome comments and feedback. I may or may not listen to you. I may or may not delete your comments.
4) I may let the occasional vulgarity fly. If you get offended easily, read someone else's shit. 
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment